Call for industrial partnerships with Japan
targeting EU GNSS software applications developers and GNSS receiver makers interested in partnering with Japan
* Do you want to develop business in Japan?
* Do you want to export your existing GNSS services and solutions to the Japanese market?
* Are you looking for Japanese technology partners to co-develop new applications?
* Are you looking for Japanese R&D partners for a joint development project?
If yes, GNSS.Asia Japan can help you identify potential partners in Japan through the GNSS.Asia Industrial Partnership Service.
Your partnership application form should describe the nature of your requested partnership in Japan. For example, what product / services does your organization want to buy/sell? what kind of partnership do you expect to build? Which target segment(s) (R&D, sales, after-service maintenance, etc..) do to wish to engage in?
The GNSS.Asia Japan team shall then disseminate your partnership application profile to its wide network of contacts in the Japanese GNSS industry, as well as through the industrial trade fairs in Japan which GNSS.Asia Japan plans to attend, according to the planned calendar below (let us know if you have other events of interest which you believe could be valuable to expand the dissemination of your profile):
Japanese GNSS related events
|SPAC Forum (15 July 2016)||Important Policy directions of the QZSS programme announced. Presentations of key applications using QZSS in Japan||Ito International Research Center, The University of Tokyo||http://www.eiseisokui.or.jp/en/forum/01_10-2/|
|Satellite Positioning Technology Exhibition (SATEX) 2016 (28 - 30 September 2016)||SATEX is the business show of satellite positioning technology, which specializes in technologies and services related to satellite utilization/positioning technology.||Tokyo Big Sight (East hall)||http://www.satex.jp/english/|
|CEATEC Japan 2016 (04 October - 07 October 2016)||Consumer electronics makers, receiver manufacturers, navigation-related and LBS applications showcase||Makuhari messe||http://www.ceatec.com/en/|
|Japan International Aerospace Exhibtion 2016 (12 Ocotber - 15 October)||A variety of field including air transportation and space environment with the latest aerospace products and applications||Tokyo Big Sight (West Hall)||https://www.japanaerospace.jp/eng/Index|
|Multi-GNSS Asia (MGA) Conference
(14 - 16 November 2016)
|MGA is an international organisation aimed at promoting and supporting activities of the Asia Oceania Multi-GNSS Demonstration Campaign under the United Nation International Committee on GNSS (UN-ICG).||Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines||http://www.multignss.asia/index.html|
|Geospatial Expo 2016 Japan (24 - 26 November 2016)||GNSS applications for PPP, GIS and survey, mapping, environmental monitoring, disaster management.||Miraikan||http://www.g-expo.jp/|
5th Connected Car Japan 2017 (18 - 20 January2017)
|GNSS industrial applications in automobile, ITS and other connected car applications||Tokyo Big Sight||http://www.connected-car.jp/en/Home/|
|Interop Tokyo 2017 (June 2017, not confirmed)||GNSS linked to Telecom, IT and software infrastructure (less applications), as well as security aspects.||http://www.clocate.com/conference/Interop-Tokyo-2017/2627/|
The GNSS.Asia team will regularly monitor expressions of interest in Japan resulting of the dissemination of partnership profiles. In the event of a positive expression of interest in Japan, the GNSS.Asia team will liaise back with the EU organization and propose to exchange contact information with the potential partners in Japan, for a direct follow-up.
1.The GNSS.Asia Japan consortium (hereinafter referred to as “the provider”), represented in Japan by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation, offers the industrial partnership service, which is aimed at helping EU and Japanese firms and R&D organizations (hereinafter referred to as “the clients”) identify and develop partnerships.
Scope of use
2. The service applies exclusively to clients who can demonstrate a current involvement in the user segment of GNSS focused on applications and receivers. The use of the industrial partnership service is free of charge for the duration of the GNSS.Asia project (until end of June 2014). GNSS.Asia is an FP 7 funded project aiming to reinforce industrial partnernships between the EU and Asia, including Japan.
3. The industrial partnership service specifically offers the possibility for EU clients (respectively Japanese clients) to identify potential partners in Japan (respectively in the EU), by asking the clients to fill in a partnership application form, with the intention to either offer or request a given product / service / technology, which constitutes the base of a future partnership discussion.
Dissemination of information
4. The provider will disseminate the client’s partnership application profile through the GNSS.Asia contacts, networks, trade fairs, relevant websites and other dissemination tools to search for potential partners.
Provider’s disclaimer policy
5. The client pledges to fill in the partnership application form in good faith, with information considered correct, which the client agrees to supply at the request of a potential partner. The provider is not responsible for the quality and contents of the information included in the partnership application form and profile.
6. The provider will only disseminate the client’s partnership application profile with the full consent of the client.
7. The client understands that using the industrial partnership service may not necessarily result in expressions of interest by potential partners.
8. The provider will always ask clients for prior consent before sharing contact information.
9. Potential partners who have expressed an interest in a client’s partnership application profile will be asked to exchange their contact information with the client in order to pursue direct contact for partnership discussions.
10. The provider pledges to have no interest and no direct involvement in any particular client’s business during the partnership service search.
11. The information, contents of partnership application forms, and any supporting documented material posted on the provider’s websites are not intended to serve as advice on which reliance should be placed by any client or potential partner in making (or refraining from making) any decisions regarding its own business or other business, which clients or potential partners intend to initiate based on the information available on the provider’s websites.
12. The provider disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from the reliance placed on documented material available on the provider’s websites by any visitor to the provider’s websites or by anyone who may be informed of contents of the provider’s websites.
13. Under no circumstance shall the provider, or any other party involved in the industrial partnership service offered by the provider, be held liable to clients, potential partners or any third party related to clients and potential partners, for any subsequent loss or damage that may arise as a result of using the industrial partnership service.
Launched in 2012 for 2.5 years, GNSS.Asia Japan is an FP7 project aimed at developing and implementing GNSS industrial cooperation activities between the European Union and Japan, focusing on the downstream sector of applications and receivers.
More about the project in (English language): http://www.gnss.asia and (Japanese language) http://japan.gnss.asia
GNSS.asia is funded by the European Union within Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, under grant agreement no 641615.